Replacement UV-C Sanitizer Bulb for Jacuzzi® ClearRay Water Purification Systems
Yearly Replacement is Required to maintain the effectiveness of the ClearRay System. Your control panel will read “616” which translates to “BLB’ or bulb. This is an indication that it is time to replace your Jacuzzi or Sundance ClearRay Bulb.
OEM Jacuzzi Hot Tub Part Number 6472-857
OEM Sundance Spas Part Number 6472-857
Cleaning of your ClearRay quartz tube is recommended once a year. For people who take exceptional care of their hot tub, once every other year would be acceptable.
Why replace your ClearRay every year?
- Treats 99.9% of waterborne pathogens
- Up to 50% reduction in sanitizing chemical usage vs. spas with no supplemental sanitation system
- No harmful odors or by-products produced
- Helps keep chloramines, the things that cause chemical odor, under control
So how do you change your ClearRay Bulb?
- Turn the breaker to the spa OFF. We recommend that you drain your spa. Disconnect the CLEARRAY System from the controller
- Once the UV lamp has cooled off remove the CLEARRAY System enclosure cover and gasket by removing the four screws
- Remove the black lamp boot by sliding it over the cable away from the quartz seal compression nut
- Slowly remove the UV lamp out of the quartz tube
- Remove lamp socket from the UV lamp
- Remove the quartz seal compression nut by turning it counterclockwise. Use a pair of channel-lock pliers if needed. You will notice that there is a stainless steel compression washer that slides over the quartz tube, saving the washer for later use. There is also a black seal ring, grasp the black seal ring, slowly and carefully remove the quartz tube
- Now you are ready to clean or replace the quartz tube. For the cleaning quartz tube, follow steps 8 and 9 then proceed from step 10. For replacing quartz tube, skip steps 8 and 9 and proceed from step 10.
- Cleaning quartz tube: Clean the quartz tube by wiping it until clear using a paper towel or a dry cotton cloth. If needed a household tub and shower lime removal product can be used.
- Rinse the quartz tube with clean water to completely remove any cleaning products that were used in step 4.
- Replacing quartz tube: You will notice that the new quartz tube does not have a black cushion on the domed end as the old quartz tube does. This is normal as the cushion was provided to the original quartz tube to protect it from breakage during transportation. Install the black seal ring over the opened end of the quarts tube. Place the new quartz tube into the water chamber with the domed end first making sure it is inserted and seated inside the quartz end holder. Only a small portion will be exposed when it is seated correctly.
- Reinstall the compression washer over the open end of the quartz tube. Push it against the quartz black seal ring.
- Reinstall and hand tighten the quartz seal compression nut by turning it clockwise
- Make sure you double-check your work after your hot tub is back up and running!