Looking for a new approach to health and wellness? Your outdoor hot tub might be able to help with that. Did you know that you can add spa-friendly aromatherapy fragrances to the water in your hot tub before you soak?
Not only do they smell absolutely delightful, but they can also provide a variety of wonderful health benefits.
We’re going to take a closer look at what spa aromatherapy is, how it can help you and how you can create the best experience possible in your own backyard. Read on for more information!
What Is Spa Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is a therapeutic technique that harnesses the benefits of certain scents. Especially when pure essential oils are used, the health benefits of aromatherapy can be truly remarkable.
It’s important to note that if you wish to partake in a hot tub aromatherapy session, you should only use products that are safe for use in a hot tub. These can be purchased at your local hot tub store, including Jacuzzi Outdoor Living in Mission Viejo.
The Benefits of Hot Tub Aromatherapy
Many find spa aromatherapy to be the perfect addition to their weekly routine, particularly on stressful, busy days. Most find that hot tub aromatherapy can help them to relax, reduce stress and enjoy better sleep, but some scents offer even more specific benefits.
This, combined with the preference for certain scents, can motivate hot tub owners to choose one scent over another.
Some of the most popular and enjoyable scents, and their stated benefits, include:
Peppermint or Tiger Balm
- Boosts energy levels
- Enhances mental alertness
- Enhances mood
- Alleviates symptoms of congestion
- Aids in digestion
- Reduces symptoms of respiratory illness
- Fights migraines and headaches
- Eases aches and pains
- Enhances concentration
- Improves relaxation
- Reduces tension and stress
- Improves mood
- Relieves stress
- Improves sleep
- Improves mood
- Boosts concentration and focus
- Improves digestion
- Reduces headaches
- Enhances mood
- Reduces stress
- Soothes headaches
- Soothes nausea[i]
Which scent would you and your family most benefit from?
Create the Best Aromatherapy Experience in 5 Simple Steps
Make the most of your spa aromatherapy fragrances by creating an environment perfect for stress relief and relaxation.
- Gather all the items you will need for your hot tub session. This includes a bathing suit, towel, a bottle of water, an activity such as a book, movie or music, aromatherapy fragrances and sandals.
- Place all of your items in a basket so they can be carried to your hot tub area, stored safely and then brought back inside with ease. This will eliminate the need to exit the hot tub for a drink or activity if you get bored.
- Add your spa fragrances and allow them the proper amount of time to dissolve and mix into the water.
- While you wait, change into your bathing suit, prepare your activity and set any mobile devices to “do not disturb” if you wish to unplug and have some time away from technology.
- If you don’t plan to have your mobile device handy, be sure to let at least one person know that you will be in the hot tub for safety.
- Enter the hot tub, turn on the jets and relax.
- Give your body some time to adjust to your new environment, and simply let the stress fade away.
- Once you are feeling refreshed and relaxed, entertain yourself with help from your activity, or you may choose to simply sit back, relax and enjoy the sounds of nature or your predetermined playlist.
- Take some time to focus on your surroundings.
- Bask in the glory of your beautiful backyard landscaping, listen to the sounds of nature and enjoy the scent of your aromatherapy spa fragrances.
- Really think about what the scent means to you and allow the scent to work its magic.
- Once you are done soaking in the hot tub, take your time exiting the spa.
- Sit on the ledge for a few minutes as you use your towel to dry off.
- Really soak in those last few minutes of aromatherapy time as you adjust to the outdoor temperature.
- Close your spa cover and bring your items back inside with you, which will eliminate the need to return back outside—unless, of course, you wish to sit on your patio furniture and enjoy the beautiful California night.
Aqua Paradise in Orange County
Looking to create the best hot tub experience? Visit our team of experts at Aqua Paradise in Southern California today.
We have everything from aromatherapy fragrances and hot tub accessories to some of the best hot tubs and spas on the market, and so much more. For the best hot tubs for sale in Orange County, visit our hot tub store today.
We promise you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
[i] Aromatherapy.com | Most Popular Essential Oils. Available: http://www.aromatherapy.com/most_popular.html. Accessed: 2019-05-27.